cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

69xx ip phones clock issue in 9.4.x firmwares

Mortaza Rohani
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm using CUCM 11.5su2 and my 69xx series phones clock did not changed in autumn clock backward. There is no problem in ntp server and all other phone types (about 600 phones) are OK.

This problem was reported in CSCuf76755 but affected firmware is 9.3.x. I was using 9.4(1) SR2 and also tried 9.4(1),9.4(1)SR1,9.4(1)SR3 but still the problem exists.

it seems in 9.2.x series firmware there is no problem but i can't upload pre 9.4.x firmware in CUCM 11.5su2. is there a trick to upload these firmware?

a second solution is using a date/time group with 1 hour earlier than current timezone for these phones but there is no +2:30 timezone in the world! is there a way to define custom timezone in cucm?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Mortaza,

If the only thing is provided for the oldest firmware is a ZIP file, you can simply go to CUCM in: Cisco Unified OS Administration -> Software Upgrades -> TFTP File Management. And just simply upload all the contents of the zip file to the root folder of the TFTP in CUCM.

After that, go to: Cisco Unified CM Administration -> Device -> Device Settings -> Device Defaults, and change for 69xx versions the load to: SIP69xx.9-2-4-3 (for example). Restart the phones and it should downgrade themselves. Or if you want to test it on a single 69xx phone only, you can go to this device configurations and put the value ("SIP69xx.9-2-4-3", for example) in a setting named "Phone Load Name" and restart this phone and it should downgrade.

If you have a COP file you can easily install it in Cisco Unified OS Administration -> Software Upgrades -> Install / Upgrade.

BTW, out of curiosity... which kind of timezone is running on +02:30? Or did I misunderstand?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Mortaza,

If the only thing is provided for the oldest firmware is a ZIP file, you can simply go to CUCM in: Cisco Unified OS Administration -> Software Upgrades -> TFTP File Management. And just simply upload all the contents of the zip file to the root folder of the TFTP in CUCM.

After that, go to: Cisco Unified CM Administration -> Device -> Device Settings -> Device Defaults, and change for 69xx versions the load to: SIP69xx.9-2-4-3 (for example). Restart the phones and it should downgrade themselves. Or if you want to test it on a single 69xx phone only, you can go to this device configurations and put the value ("SIP69xx.9-2-4-3", for example) in a setting named "Phone Load Name" and restart this phone and it should downgrade.

If you have a COP file you can easily install it in Cisco Unified OS Administration -> Software Upgrades -> Install / Upgrade.

BTW, out of curiosity... which kind of timezone is running on +02:30? Or did I misunderstand?

@Slavik Bialik wrote:

Hi Mortaza,

Thanks Slavik, i have had cop files for mentioned versions but it looked like CUCM 11.5 does not support uploading old firmwares using cop file. finally uploading zip files into tftp server worked and 9.2(4) version had no problem with clock.

and out of subject, Tehran's timezone is +3:30 and i was looking for a +2:30 timezone to solve my problem but i didn't find!

Thanks.