Views
Helpful
Replies

7.1.3 installation DVD

ali nasser
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a cluster ( Publisher + Subscriber) version 7.1.3 then i upgrade the complete cluster to 7.1.3aSU1,

i want to add a new subscriber to the cluster. i used the same DVD which i upgrade the old servers but it didn't boot in the new server. Note that i am using the same MCS 7845 I2

i download from Cisco.com the same files which is (UCSInstall_UCOS_7.1.3.21900-4.sgn(1).iso_part1of2 and UCSInstall_UCOS_7.1.3.21900-4.sgn(1).iso_part1of2+UCSInstall_UCOS_7.1.3.21900-4.sgn.iso_part2of2, then in windows command line i merge it to one file then i burn it thru NERO as BOOTABLE DVD but also its not working, any advise regards this issue.

Regards,

ANasser

9 Replies 9

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

i am not so sure that is a bootable ISO image. I think that is only a patch. You will have to install from some earlier version of CUCM then apply the patch you just downloaded to it.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, that mean i have to install 7.1.3 in the new server and the upgrade it to a new version 7.1.3aSU1.but in this case it can be added to the cluster with different version, update me.

Regards,

Yes you will have to find the DVD that is bootable then upgrade with the patch. Keep this in mind though, if you go into your "Cisco Unified OS Administration" through the gui, go to "Settings" then "Version". Double check your Active versoin vs your Inactive version. You will want those to match your new server with the same versions that show in your production servers. This would be in case you ever needed to revert back to a previous version in case you ran into some sort of bug.

So install CUCM if you have the ISO image/DVD with say, 7.1.3 if you have that. Then upgrade to the version that shows as "Inactive" on your publisher, then upgrade to the version that shows "Active" on your publisher. Make sense?

Great advice about matching both inactive and active CUCM versions (rated)!

hi,

Actually my subscriber is a new mcs 7845 i2 with out any version installed in subscriber server.

under version i have INACTIVE VERSION : 7.1.3  and in ACTIVE VERSION : 7.1.3aSU1,so first i have to install 7.1.3 bootable DVD which come with the server from cisco and then upgrade it to 7.1.3aSU1 version. put in your mind the connectivity between the publisher and the new subscriber.

correct me

Regards,

Im not sure if you were asking me a question or not. But you are spot on with installing 7.1.3 then upgrading to 7.1.3aSU1 to match your production servers' Active and Inactive partitions. Good luck!

hi,

I tried to install version 7.1.3.1000-11 on the new server but it give me version mismatch with the publisher and was not able to continue. note that

Active Version 7.1.3.21900-4

Intactive Version 7.1.3.10000-11

Regards,

Hi

Firstly I'm assuming that you typed your version wrong, and that the version you are loading is 7.1.3.10000-11, not 7.1.3.1000-11.

What the other posters suggested was that you boot from the 7.1.3.10000-11 bootable DVD. It will ask if you want to install a patch as part of the installation, and at that point you should point the installation at your 7.1.3.21900-4 downloaded ISO. You can do this via SFTP or burn it to DVD.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Excellent Aaron. +5

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: