Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have a problem with 7821 backlight.

The setting is as below ;

Backlight On Time: 09:00   
 Backlight On Duration: 09:00  
 Backlight Idle Timeout: 01:00

But during from 9:00 to 18:00 backlight sometimes on and sometimes off.

Do you have any idea about this phone behavior?

Regards,

Kaz

6 Replies 6

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kaz

Backlight On Time:     This field indicates the time of day the backlight is to automatically turn itself on for days listed in the off schedule. The value should be in a 24 hour format. Where 0:00 is the beginning of the day and 23:59 is the end of the day. Leaving this field blank will activate the backlight at the default time of the day (e.g. - "7:30"). To set the backlight to turn on at 7:00AM the user would enter "07:00" without the quotes. To have the backlight to turn on at 2:00PM enter "14:00" without the quotes.
      Default:  07:30
      Maximum length: 5

Backlight On Duration:     This field indicates the amount of time the backlight is to be active for when it is turned on by the programmed schedule. No value indicates the end of the day. Maximum value is 24 hours. This value is in free form hours and minutes. "1:30" would activate the backlight for one hour and 30 minutes.
      Default:  10:30

Backlight Idle Timeout:     This field indicates how long to wait before the backlight is turned off when it was turned on by user activity. This inactivity timer will continually reset itself during user activity. Leaving this field blank will make the phone use a pre-determined default value of one hour. Maximum value is 24 hours. This value can be in free form hours and minutes. "1:30" would turn off the backlight after one hour and 30 minutes of inactivity
      Default:  01:00

Is it a possibility the light goes off around 1 hour of inactivity, if not can you provide more detail is possible.

HTH

JB

HI JB,

Thanks for your reply.

Backlight Idle Timeout is for "off-time" not for "on-time".

In my case, from 18:00 to 9:00.

The backlight should be lighted during "on-time"

Regards,

Kaz

Hi All

I'm getting following alert on the device, Do you have any idea about this alert ?

I could not resolve this alert. We are changing it using with owerrire common settings but it come back again same value.

Backlight On Time: does not match with the pattern ((([0-1][0-9])|(2[0-3])):[0-5][0-9]). Click on the service parameter name or scroll to the top of the page and click the yellow question mark (?) to see service parameter help.
Backlight On Duration: does not match with the pattern ((([0-1][0-9])|(2[0-3])):[0-5][0-9]). Click on the service parameter name or scroll to the top of the page and click the yellow question mark (?) to see service parameter help.
Backlight Idle Timeout: does not match with the pattern ((([0-1][0-9])|(2[0-3])):[0-5][0-9]). Click on the service parameter name or scroll to the top of the page and click the yellow question mark (?) to see service parameter help.
Log Server: does not match with the pattern (^(@.+)|((^(?:(?:2[0-4]\d|25[0-5])|1\d{2}|[1-9]\d|[1-9])\.(?:(?:(?:2[0-4]\d|25[0-5])|1\d{2}|[1-9]\d|\d)\.){2}(?:(?:2[0-4]\d|25[0-5])|1\d{2}|[1-9]\d|\d))($|(:(\d|[1-9]\d|[1-9]\d

Hi, have you found the solution to your problem?

I have just noticed on cisco 7821 registered to cucm cluster the following message:

Phone On Time: does not match with the pattern ((([0-1][0-9])|(2[0-3])):[0-5][0-9]). Click on the service parameter name or scroll to the top of the page and click the yellow question mark (?) to see service parameter help. It did not appear before and devices are registered for more than two months now.

Thanks and regards

Hi  I found that problem was happen for Firefox browser,  it was not related  CUCM itself. Something could be missing there. It worked without any problem on chrome and other browser.

Regards

For me it all of the sudden started appearing  in chrome. After trying Microsoft Edge, prompts boxes do not appear. Thank you for suggestion.

Regards,

Daniel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: