cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7821 cisco phone how to turn off the voice message indicator symbol on display, but leave the red light on the handset on

techarfb1
Level 1
Level 1

I get complaints from users on the 7821 that when there is a voice message the voice message (VM) symbol overwrites the missed called symbol.  The solid red light on the handset is also turned on when there is a voice message.  So, this is redundant information and when there is a voice message, you see the red light on hand and the VM symbol on the display.  But, you do not see the missed call symbol. 

Since the red light on the handset indicates a VM, I'd like to leave this on when there is a VM, but NOT display the VM indicator symbol on the display. The display would show missed calls.    I can not find a way to do this.  If I turn OFF the option below in the directory defination, both the red light on handset and VM symbol on display goes off and I don't know there is a VM.

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

There is a bug/enhancement request open against this behavior. You should probably open a TAC case about this if you can, as the more TAC cases there are the sooner the fix;

78XX IP Phone missed call overridden by voicemail notification
CSCuw69391
Cheers!
Rob

Thank you.  I opened Case #681340774 for help.  I have a later firmware than in this fix.  I am running sip78xx.11-0-1-11 and hopefully they will have a fix for this release.