Views
Helpful
Replies

7821 on CUCM 10.5 call fail

Fabien GILLET
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My customer have recently receive some new 7821 phones. He have unpack them and he have connect them on his CUCM 10.5.1.10000-7.

He have configure a number to make some test calls. When we configure a CSS with internal calls rights, we can call other internal phones.

But when i apply the CSS with internal and external calls rights the calls failed at the 3rd digit, regardless if the number exist or not. This CSS is use on another type phones (79xx) and that's working fine.

For example he try to call the number 2067, with the internal CSS that's working but when we change it, and use the other CSS, the same number failed and we heard the message "the call cannot be complete as dialed...".

We have upgrade the firmware with the last public firmware : "cmterm-78xx.10-2-1-12SR1-4.cop.sgn", that's not solve our issue.

I have check the logs and i find this line : "Digit analysis: potentialMatches=NoPotentialMatchesExist" just after the last digit was typing.

We don't have configure a SIP Dial Rule or SIP Route Pattern. We just have one SIP Trunk for the Presence system.

I think that can be a timer issue but what timer i need to change and where ?

I have the SDL logs and call logs file if you want.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you read this:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab09/clb09/dialplan.html#wp1135394

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

GaryB-UK
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Not sure I have the answer but thought I would give you my take on this. Feel free to ignore if it does not fit your issue.

I have a number of 7821 phones on CUCM 10.5(1) with SU1 and don't have an issue with dialling numbers so I would probably start looking at something other than the firmware initially. I did have an issue with DNS not being issued with the correct domain suffix for those phone that stopped the directory services from working.

As far as I know the 7821 phones only run SIP firmware whereas the 79xx phone are probably running SCCP. I think that how SIP and SCCP handle the digit analysis may be the issue. I would look at the dial plan and see if the phone is matching a pattern that causes this block. If you run DNA on the numbers you are testing with it may help point to an issue.

The other thing you could try is changing 1 of the 79xx phones from SCCP to SIP. I would only change 1 and then try and see if you have the same issue on that phone. If you are already running SIP on all the phones then ignore this.

If none of this helps I would start by creating a copy of the internal CSS and then start adding in partitions 1 at a time to see what is causing the block and go from there.

Gary

Hi Gary, Hi Chris,

Thanks for your answer and your help.

So you was right it was a CSS issue.

The CSS on the device on the other phones authorize the internal calls and the CSS on the line add the right to make external calls. So the customer doesn't have configure the good CSS on the device in our case.

Thanks again for your time ;-)

Regards.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you read this:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab09/clb09/dialplan.html#wp1135394

Fabien GILLET
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gary, Hi Chris,

Thanks for your answer and your help.

So you was right it was a CSS issue.

The CSS on the device on the other phones authorize the internal calls and the CSS on the line add the right to make external calls. So the customer doesn't have configure the good CSS on the device in our case.

Thanks again for your time ;-)

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: