Views
Helpful
Replies

7821 Phone error on subcribers on two different CM clusters 8.5.1 and 8.6.2

Humza Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have uploaded devicepacks according to their version respectively, phones are registered in cucm working perfectly, but when we trying to go on phone main page from subcriber, it gives following error.

Unmapped Exception /usr/local/cm/db/xml/xml/Phone_7821_SIP_display_instance.xml (No such file or directory)

I checked db replication status, it state is like 

Name             State

CM1                    2

CM2                    3

After adding device pack on both clusters publishers, restarted all pubs and subs. But state mismatch.

As well snapshots attached of all above mentioned things.

waiting for swift response.

Regards,

Humza Khan

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Humza

You need to upload the same device pack to all the nodes in the cluster. If you have not done the same, please do so...

If you are enabling a new Device Type , reboot of the node is required where you are installing the device pack

Regards

Aditya Gupta

View solution in original post

Actually a cluster reboot is required for this, not just rebooting the nodes. The documentation on the DevPack explains this. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Aditya Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Please post the output of show version active from all the servers in any one cluster

Regards

Aditya Gupta

Hi Aditya,

Thanks for reply.

Please find attachments.

Is it possible to resolve this by uploading same devicepacks to subscriber as well.

Regards,

Humza Khan

Hi Humza

You need to upload the same device pack to all the nodes in the cluster. If you have not done the same, please do so...

If you are enabling a new Device Type , reboot of the node is required where you are installing the device pack

Regards

Aditya Gupta

Actually a cluster reboot is required for this, not just rebooting the nodes. The documentation on the DevPack explains this. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

Cluster wide issue has been resolved, thanks for your support. But i need to know how can we change the CM2 value on 2 in below scenario.

I checked db replication status, it state is like 

Name             State

CM1                    2

CM2                    3

Still after uploading patch and restarted cucm 2 replication status is same.

Regards,

Humza Khan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: