Views
Helpful
Replies

7821 phones for CUCM 8.5.1

Syed
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

I have recently bought a couple of 7821 phones, can someone help me with prerequisites, procedure & precautionary methods to be followed.

Find the CUCM info, please.

CUCM Version: 8.5.1.15900-4

Server Type:  MCS 7835I2 

A quick help would be appreciated. 

Thank you in advance..

24 Replies 24

Yes, that is required, and the definition of a cluster reboot, implies you will start with the PUB, then followed by the SUB(s).

This way not only you restart the services so they can work with the new info in the DB, but also keep the SDL layer of the cluster in sync.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Deepak/All,

I have completed the change successfully, thank you so very much for your help & support.

However I have a concern here, as I told you earlier there are 2 servers in my cluster (pub & sub) during PUB reboot, phones did not failback to SUB and all the phones got reset and download the updated firmware. Also call manager groups have both servers available and replication is good.

Phones should not reset I suppose? What do you say??

Yes you are correct and that is the reason you do it one at a time so that phones can register with the secondary CM server while Pub is down. But now since phones had reset and got the new FW load, I am assuming things to be fine here.

Regarding the failover thing, you can test it in maintenance window at some later point of time and then we can look more into it. But yes your understanding is correct that if the DP to which phones are assigned contain both the CM servers in CM group then they should have flipped over provided the replication was also good.

But no worries you can always test this during a maintenance window and we can look into that then. The main thing here was to get the new FW for the phones that I beleive had worked fine so cheers for that.

Regards

Deepak

Sure Deepak, I shall plan for maintenance window some time in coming week, and keep you posted on this.

Thank you once again.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/CUCM_FAQ#Adding_support_for_new_endpoints

Regards

Deepak

After installing device pack, if current firmware version of existing phones change, how do I restore them back to previous version.

Take a snapshot before uploading device pack.

After uploading DP, check for new firmware under Device--Device Settings --Device Defaults . Compare with snapshot and change it to old one, save it.

It looks like that either you are not reading the document before posting your question or maybe you are not able to understand it. As mentioned below, simply make a note of the existing FW version in the Device Defaults before applying the DP and if they change after applying the DP, then simply put the same FW name again corresponding to the Phone Type in Device Defaults page

Be aware that installing a DevPack might change the FW versions for several devices, it might be a lower, or higher release, if you do not wish to change the versions, take note of all the versions under the device defaults page, and go after you have installed the DevPack to change them back, before the cluster reboot.

Regards

Deepak

Sorry for that but what I actually wanted to know is the procedure to bring the previous firmware back(meaning: do I need to navigate device defaults and key in the previously noted load information and save it or is there any other way to do it)

Yes, you need to go to device defaults and change this accordingly, as I explain in my wiki.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate