cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7821 support on CUCM 8.6.2.22900-9

PPayumo46
Level 1
Level 1

I installed this file cmterm-78xx.10-2-1-12SR1-4.cop.sgn on both pub and sub and still do not see it as an option under Device, Device Settings > Device Defaults.

Do I need to install the larger cmterm-devicepack8.6.2.26157-1.cop.sgn instead?  Thank you.

5 Replies 5

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes,u need to install the device pack on both servers in a cluster and after that u need to restart the server.

what u installed was the firmware ?

regds,

aman

Aditya Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Installing the firmware file does not add capability for a new type of device to CUCM, which is not natively present.

8.6.2.22900-9 by default does not have the capability for the 78XX series phone. In order to enable the phone on CUCM you need to install device pack on CUCM and then do a cluster reboot.

Following is link to compatilbility matrix for device pack

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/matrix/CMDP_BK_CCBDA741_00_cucm-device-package-compatibility-matrix.pdf

Firmware file is only useful , if CUCM has the capability for the device and you want to upgrade the firmware.

So, yes, you will need to install the Devicepack you have mentioned above first to enable 7821 on 8.6.2 and then add the phone.

But ensure that installing the devicepack will upgrade the device defaults for other phones as well. You may want to take backup of your device defaults and revert those back to original before you go for reboot , in case you are not looking to upgrade other device firmwares as well.

Regards

Aditya Gupta

How do I go about backing up the device defaults for the other phones as I do not want to upgrade firmware on other phones.

Just keep a snapshot/copy in notepad from Device---Device settings---Device defaults for the IP phone models working in your setup.

Aftre u upload the Device pack, look for any change in firmwares under Device--Device Settings ---defaults , if yes, then, change them as per snapshot taken and Click on Save.

regds,

aman

Rajkumar Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Please see the link to download the required device pack for your cucm version

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283782839&flowid=45898&softwareid=282074299&release=8.6(2.26157)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Please go through the read me file for more details and procedure.

Release date is 24-FEB-2015 and would support many new devices available.

You can take a downtime may be night time to perform cluster reboot.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Raaj