cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7832 Registration issues

Michael Murman
Level 1
Level 1

We recently upgraded our CUCM from 10.5 to 11.5.1.  We purchased a new Cisco CP-7832-K9 conference phone, the configuration in the CUCM was straight forward.  But the phone fails to register with CUCM, and shows Rejected in the system.  The phone does acquire a ip address, and when i http to the phone it shows - App Load ID of roots7832.12-01-8, and Boot Load ID sboot7832.12-0-1-8, and Version sip7832.12-0-1-8.  on older phones you could delete this image on the phone and it would download the system files.  Can this be done on the 7832?

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you done factory reset of the phone to ensure factory ITL certs are deleted?

I tried to Reset the phone via Setting, Admin Settings, Reset Settings , All and Security.

I also tried the old stand by, unplug, hold the # key, plug in, wait, but red LED never quit, 123456789*0#.

is there another way to reset to Factory Defaults?  i do get a Error DBconfig

The first method is the way to do it.

DBconfig error typically implies incorrect or missing config in CUCM, do you have this phone defined as proper model with proper MAC address?

What do you see in SDL traces and phone logs?

I verified the configuration on the CUCM, looks good, correct model and MAC.

The phone does have the correct TFTP servers address.

Note, on the 7832 Configuration Guide, under the - Phone Firmware and Upgrades, it states, " Your phone comes with firmware already installed, which is specific to the call control system that your phone uses."

I verified on the CUCM system we have :

kern7832.12-0-1-8.sbn
prelo7832.BR-01-06.sbn /
rootfs7832.12-0-1-8.sbn /
sboot7832.BR-01-08.sbn /
sip7832.12-0-1-8.loads

So my question is, should we have 11.5 versions of this software.

attached is the Current Log from the phone.

I found the issue.  In the log file the phone had EMCC errors, and we do not use Device Mobility.  The standard default setting for Device Mobility Mode is Default.  I changed this to Off and the phone registered, and now the phone works fine.

Thanks for the help.

MM

Good Job MM!

@Syed
Level 3
Level 3

It is worth looking at the rear sticker on the phone for exact phone model 

PID VID:CP-7832-K9