Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7841-3PCC Auto Provision or Auto Registration from Config File

Hi All

Im trying to Auto Provision or Auto Register multiple 7841-3PCC phones using the attached config file. All the phones pick the same file to Auto Register, How do i name config so that each phone can download its config  file from the TFTP server.

I have named the file  7841-3PCC.xml . This is file that all the phones are downloading and auto registers. If i change the file name to 7841-3PCC0CD0F8F429C8.xml for the 2nd phone to Auto Register, it fails to download it.

4 Replies 4

bijpraka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have used 

<Extension_1_ ua="na">5555</Extension_1_>

This is not supported. It has to be a number between 1 to 4 i.e. number of lines on the phone.

So for a 7841 - 

<!-- available options: 1|2|3|4|Disabled -->

Please upgrade to the latest firmware for MPP - 11.2.3MPP.398 which is available on cisco.com.

After this you can go to http://ipaddress/admin/cfg.xml

Here you will see the available options for all tags and configure accordingly.

Thanks. 

Hi Bijpraka,
Thanks for replying

I dont have any issue with the upgrade, the Challenge is that, Phone A Auto Registers with the config file 7841-3PCC.xml, i created another file 7841-3PCCXXX.xml for Phone B, it pulls the 7841-3PCC.xml config file for Phone A. How can i rename Config File for Phone B so that it can pull its own Config.
Thanks

Hello.

Did you change the tag values as mentioned in the previous reply? If yes, please send the modified xml.

I would need PRTs to see what exactly you are configuring on both phones. 

Are you performing a resync on phone B with 7841-3PCCXXX.xml instead of 7841-3PCC.xml?

Thanks.

bijpraka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
  1. You can keep separate files on the server for each phone and it can be named ANY_NAME_PHONE_MAC_ADDRESS_ANY_NAME.xml
  2. Replace PHONE_MAC_ADDRESS with the mac address of the phones.
  3. And on the phone set profile rule as http://serverip/ANY_NAME_$MAC_ANY_NAME.xml. $MAC is a macro and phone will replace it with its MAC address
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: