Replies

7841 ESRST configuration issue..

anilkumar.cisco
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Friends,

I am trying to configure ESRST..

with Class of restriction.

the phone whose mac address is added into SRST router with appropriate COS.. are only registering in ESRST mode when authentication register command is their is voice register global mode..

Wherease doing so.. other phone of same mode are not registering in auto mode.. means via subnet wise

and when I am disabling authenticate register command then all phones are registering but phone with mac address added in ESRST router are not not registering and giving REg Send Failure: Register

Message on the phone.

Pls help

4 Replies 4

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi Anil,

If you want to use authenticate register command, then you need to configure "username XXX password XXX" under voice register pool in order for the phones to register. I do not see this command in some of the voice register pools in your configuration.

HTH
Rajan
Pls rate all helpful posts

When I am doing this.. the phones with Mac address ID are registering..

But phone with static IP address or IP Pool address is not registering..

Hi Anil,

Yes, thats what I am referring:

voice register pool 3
busy-trigger-per-button 2
id mac CC98.914F.46EC
type 7841
number 1 dn 3
cor incoming STD-CSS default
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
username Cisco password Cisco ------------------------This is not there in those voice register pools
description 912135633355
codec g711ulaw
blf-speed-dial 1 3354 label "John White"
!
voice register pool 4 (that command missing)
id network 10.238.74.0 mask 255.255.254.0
no digit collect kpml
dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-kpml
codec g711ulaw
no vad
!
voice register pool 5 (that command missing)
id ip 141.86.38.83 mask 255.255.255.255
dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-kpml
codec g711ulaw
no vad

So pls try configuring this, do a no create profile, create profile in voice register global and reset the voice register pools once.

HTH
R

thanks Rajan for your quick support..

I did the above , but problem remain and create and no create profile only work on CME.. not in ESRST..

Actually my requirement is:

configured ESRST router on such a way that.. the phone which is added manually in ESRST router via MAC address get register and take COR as per their original COR in CUCM..

But what is happeing here..

when MAC address is on another network i.e. apart from VG LAN interface.. they are only registering when using authenticate register command.. but while doing so.. voice register pool with IP address as ID is not registering..

whether you give username and password to IP ID voice register pool or not..

Kindly advise..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: