Views
Helpful
Replies

7841 Group Listen configuration issue

UCguy42
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I was wondering if anybody ever got the group listen feature to work on these phones? I can't seem to find it in a softkey template or phone setting even though the feature is in the network setup stats on the web page of the phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "group listen" feature?  What is the requirements you are looking to fulfill?

Ryan Huff
Level 4
Level 4

If you are referring to the feature, "Group Listen" where you are able to transmit with the handset but receive with the base speaker you can set this item from the Network Setup menu on the phone. To display the Network Setup area, access the web page for the phone, and then click the Network Setup hyperlink.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7811-7821-7841-7861/10-1/english/adminguide/PA2D_BK_7479E876_00_7811-7821-7841-7861-ag-cucm-1031/PA2D_BK_7479E876_00_7811-7821-7841-7861-ag-cucm-1031_chapter_01100.html

Can you elaborate on where exactly you can do this change? I personally saw the option on the menu, but no way to alter it.

Sorry, clicked twice

If you are not able to manipulate the feature from the phone's web server, you should be able to change it from the call control server.

In the product specific section of the device configuration within Unified Communications Manager, there should be a checkbox toggle called, "Enable Group Listen". Check this box, apply/reset the phone configuration.

Then, in the softkey template of the phone, remember to remove the Monitor SoftKey if it is present and then add GListen and GLOff.

You may want to also make sure you are on the latest code for the 7841, cmterm-78xx.11-0-1-11.k3.cop.sgn.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: