Views
Helpful
Replies

7841 via MRA with Persistent Credentials User Authentication Failure window

drobison
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have six Cisco 7841 phones connected from a remote site via MRA with Persistent Credentials enabled. Since they are in locked sections of the remote buildings, I was asked to configure them so they should require no human interaction to reconnect to the CUCM after a power or internet outage (Manual reboot, requiring credentials to be entered, etc.)  Now onto my problem.

A power or internet outage event happens at 11:55pm CST for one of the remote phones.

[11:55:57pm, 08/03/18] TCP-timeout

[11:56:10pm, 08/03/18] Connection failure: enterourserver.domainhere.com

[12:11:23am, 08/04/18] Mobile Remote Access: disconnected

[12:11:23am, 08/04/18] TFTP Timeout: SEPXXXXXXXXXXXX.cnf.xml

[12:11:28am, 08/04/18] Mobile Remote Access: disconnected

[12:11:33am, 08/04/18] User authentication failure

At this point the phone is Unregistered in the CUCM and is displaying a screen on the phone saying:

Error

Verify user name and password and try again

[SOFTKEY] "Retry"

Remember the no human interaction caveat? That's what I'm stuck on. See when you press the retry button, the phone works fine. If you browse to the status messages while the phone is still displaying that error, the first message is a successful connection. When you exit the settings menu the phone is registered.

The restart cause in Network Statistics shows: Restart Cause: UCM-closed-TCP

Any ideas on how to avoid this error screen?

Thanks,

Dustin Robison

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: