cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7861 IP phone 16 -How to program the Programmable line/feature keys- CME 12.00 version!

Imma
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

is anyone experienced in IP phones 7861 series? I need to know how to program line keys. I am using PBX CME- 12 version but I had no luck finding information how to configure these line.

I want to configure two phones (example extension 200 and 299) to see when some other phones are busy ( example extension 201, 202...).

On the manual it is explained when line is Red/Steady then the line in use (shared line or line status).

The version of the phone:

load 7861 sip78xx.11-5-1-18

Thank you in advanced,

Kind Regards,
Denisa
18 Replies 18

I do not think of any other configuration needed for call pickup on CME. You mentioned in your original post that you are using CME 12.0. can you try upgrading CME to latest version? If it still doesn't work then I would recommend opening a Cisco TAC case.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hi Vaijanath,

I contacted TAC. At first they did not advise me to upgrade the CME to the latest version.

They found out that the issue resolved on latest IOS and recommended to upgrade IOS to Release Fuji-16.9.3.

I will upgrade it and I will let you know.

Thank you for your help,

Denisa

Hi all,

the upgrade of IOS of the CME to the version 16.09.03 resolved the issue of the call pickup described below:

""The call is picked up when I press pickup soft key then the number that is calling. But the problem is: automatically is activated "forward all" option (soft key on the screen). And if it is not disabled manually (by pressing Fwr Off) all the call are forwarded to the phone that picked up the first call.""

Thank you for your time,

Kind Regards,

Denisa

Hi all,

the upgrade of IOS of the CME to the version 16.09.03 resolved the issue of the call pickup described below:

""The call is picked up when I press pickup soft key then the number that is calling. But the problem is: automatically is activated "forward all" option (soft key on the screen). And if it is not disabled manually (by pressing Fwr Off) all the call are forwarded to the phone that picked up the first call.""

Thank you for your time,

Kind Regards,

Denisa

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: