Views
Helpful
Replies

7861 phones call quality issue

D@1984
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 2 sets of phones, 7821 & 7861. They are both registered at the same site. The 7821 phones work fine, but I have voice quality issues on external and incoming calls on 7861 phones.

Callers complain of receivers voice sounding robot-like. I don't think this is a qos issue, as 7821 phones don't have the same problem.

Anyone else experienced similar? Any advice much appreciated!

8 Replies 8

Evgeny Izetov
Level 1
Level 1

Are the phones registered to CUCM or CME? If CUCM, are they in the same device pool and using the same media resources? What happens if you swap a 7821 for 7861, does the problem follow the phone?

cucm. I dont have the issue with 7821.

There are couple of bugs related to audio quality on 7800 phones.

What firmware version are you using? Try to downgrade/upgrade and see if it
makes a difference.

CSCuu26375
CSCvc76073
CSCvb16162

I am having the exact same thing happening with my 7861 phone.

Users reporting robotic voice quality.

We are using CME 11.5 with Phone Firmware 11.5 for 7841 and 7861 on a Cisco ISR 2901 platform.

We are using G711ulaw across the board codec wise as this is necessary to support Cisco Unity Express on the 7841 and 7861.

Update: I upgraded all 7841 and 7861 phones to 11.7.1.17 and on the 7861 I am still experiencing the robotic voice issue, specifcally we are recording a prompt on the CUE Auto Attendant and it is sounding robotic when played back. It sounds like a bit of packlet loss, at some points the voice speeds up or pauses in the sentences are clipped. I also wanted to note that on the 7861 phone, it is connected at 100 Mbps with a PC plugged into the PC Port.

We are testing now on a 7841 to see if it is affecting this phone platform as well.  The 7841 we are testing has a 1 Gbps link.

issue, specifcally we are recording a prompt on the CUE Auto Attendant and it is sounding robotic when played back.

1) Please clarify if the issue is when you are recording CUE Prompt for for normal Phone to Phone calls as well.

Alex Carmona
Level 1
Level 1
Try to disable Opus codec on CUCM:

System > Service Parameters > Clusterwide Parameters (System - Location and Region): Opus Codec Enable * > Disabled.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: