cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7861 - Voicemail Button Not Working

mikebunton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we have installed serveral 7861 phones at a customer site and the voicemail button doesn't work. Dialing the voicemail pilot is ok.  The other models of phones have no issue with the voicemail button. 

I have played around with the voicemail profile on the line setting and still no luck. It must be a simple config issue somewhere but can't seem to find it!!

The 7861 phone is running sip78xx.10-2-1-12ES1 (to get around the XML error)

CUCM is 9.1.2.10000-28

It didn't work on 8.6.2.24900-17 either.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Mike

12 Replies 12

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Mike,

Did you check the voicemail profile has the voicemail pilot number associated to it?

Do  you get any error while pressing the message button from Phone or it do nothing?

Br,

Nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Hi Nadeem,

The voicemail profile does have the voicemail pilot number associated to it. It is working on all other models of phone.

No errors when pressing the button. Nothing appears on the screen. It's just a blank key.

Regards,

Mike

Did you check the line itself as I had mentioned?  The voicemail profile should be applied to the line above the CSS.

Hi Brandon, yes i have changed the voicmail profile. Tested with default and also with the actual voicemail profile name. Still no luck.

The phone model 7861 is SIP. All the other phones are using SCCP and work fine.

The SIP phones to have access to the voicemail via CSS right?  Trying to think of why the button itself wouldn't do anything since all others are working.

Yes they do as they can dial the voicemail pilot with no issue.

Does it happen on one phone or all the 88XX phones?

Try this:

Apply the default profile to the line of the phone.

Copy the current "default" profile and make a new profile.

Make the new profile as the default profile and reset the phone.

Now make the old profile as the default profile and reset the phone again.

Test it and let me know.

Please rate if helful

~Amit

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

Make sure the new phones are set to use the Voicemail service.  I know this might sound like it should be default but it is something to check.    Also, check on the line of the device and make sure the phone is setup to use voicemail and not set to None or whatever the default is.

Sarah Pongres
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever find resolution?  I am having the same problem with the voicemail button on an 8851 phone, we are on CUCM 10.5

SP

Hi Sarah,

Can you dial the Voicemail Pilot number and see if it works?

Regards

I found the problem.....all other phones have the voicemail profile set to <none> which uses the default, these phones needed to have a specific profile selected

Actually on this SIP models and also on 8851 voicemail key  doesnt  work  until  it has  a message, leave  a message  on that DN and  try   the  key it  should  work if  VM profile  its  correctly  configured