Views
Helpful
Replies

78xx & 88xx Latest Firmware - 12-7-1

silvervoip
Level 1
Level 1

Hello People,

We recently upgraded 78xx phones to latest firmware and did not face any issue so far. We performed several tests and looks okay. Phones are not getting disconnect, users did not report issue. 

Have you upgraded 88xx models to latest firmware? Did you face problem?

If I do not hear feedback, I will upgrade my phones and share my feedback here for community.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

We recently upgraded approximately 1000 Cisco 8800 Series Phones to 12.7.1 due to recent CVE announcement. It's almost week for the upgrade and we haven't heard any complaints except the software bug CSCvt04894 which is little annoying for the end users. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hello,

Yes I am aware of that bug, thanks for reminding.

Did you apply device pack before phone firmware upgrade? If yes, which one?

Hi,

I have performed firmware upgrade procedure on CUCM 12.5 which doesn't require device pack. I have installed "cmterm-88xx-sip.12-7-1-0001-393.k3.cop.sgn" on CUCM 12.5 and followed the procedure mentioned in readme file. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

I pushed the update last week to a combination of 2000 78xx and 88xx phones with no issue. CUCM on that cluster was version 11.5, SU5. No device pack required. Firmware has been stable besides the mentioned Lower your voice alert. Fortunately for me, most have though of it as more funny than annoying.

dp215
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded the 88xx, any phone that has enhanced line mode has an issue with the caller ID when reeving a call. The called party is also displayed as the calling party.

Thanks for the update.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: