cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7900 Series Phone does not boot after power loss with Plantronics Headset Plugged in

bret
Level 3
Level 3

This weekend I upgraded code on our 6807x, which caused 300+ phones to loose power. After the upgrade was complete I found 40+ phones did not boot-up. While troubleshooting I found the phones which did not boot-up had a Plantronics headset plugged into the phone. After I unplugged the Plantronics headset from the back of the phone it booted up.

Has anyone see this issue?

Thanks,

Bret

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bret,

To be able to find any existing bug you need to provide the details of the exact phone models and their firmware version as well as the Plantronics headset model. If the headset has been tested by Plantronics to work with the phone models that you are using then Cisco TAC may help else you may check with Plantronics for any such known issues.

Manish

Manish,

Thanks for the reply. The phone in this case is a CP-7945G running SCCP45.9-4-2ES13S and has a the Plantronics W02 plugged into it. This headset is a supported headset and used throughout our company on various 7900 model phones. The next step is a TAC case, but figured I would hit the community up first. Hopefully someone will chime in who has experienced a similar issue as mine. 

Bret

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bret,

Just wanted to add a note to the great info from my friend Manish (+5)

I have never heard of this issue until you posted this up yesterday. After some digging I did find some people with the exact same problem that you might be able to use to further your TAC case. They were using Jabra headsets but I'm pretty sure the root issue will be the same.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12721741/unplug-all-headsets-or-phones-wont-power

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob!

Hi Bret,

You are most welcome my friend! Please let us know how you get on with this issue, I'm extremely curious to learn about the outcome.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: