Views
Helpful
Replies

7906 Stuck on Services

warben61
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm installing some used 7906 phones for some simple single line needs.  I've got something interesting going on though - the phones boot up and register fine but then launch the services screen.  If I press exit, or press the services button to get back to the main screen, it sits there for about 2 seconds and then the services button lights back up and the select service window is back open again.  I am able to receive calls and I can dial an extension if I pick the receiver up and get a dialtone first.  Any suggestions?  This is on CUCM 10.5, phone firmware is version SCCP11.9-0-2SR1S. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello warben61,

Sounds similar to the following bug.

CSCsk33453

The phone will display Select Service.. after the idle time has expire, and will remain there until you hit Exit.

work around:

1. Do not configure "URL Idle" in "Enterprise Parameters" but on each device, OR
2. Modify the .asp file that provides the Idle URL functionality to support the 7906/11G screen size, OR
3. Set "Idle Timer (seconds)" on each 7906/11G device phone to "0".

Hope this helps,

if so, please rate.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi warben61@gmail.com,

there is a 9.4(2) version, Sep 05, 2014 ... your 9.0(2)SR1 version, Feb 18, 2010, is too old.

Try to upgrade first (upgrade link)

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I upgraded to 9.4(2) and still have the same problem.  The only difference now is the services screen is asking for a User ID and Password and says Log in to provision this device.  I can still make and receive calls.

Hello warben61,

Sounds similar to the following bug.

CSCsk33453

The phone will display Select Service.. after the idle time has expire, and will remain there until you hit Exit.

work around:

1. Do not configure "URL Idle" in "Enterprise Parameters" but on each device, OR
2. Modify the .asp file that provides the Idle URL functionality to support the 7906/11G screen size, OR
3. Set "Idle Timer (seconds)" on each 7906/11G device phone to "0".

Hope this helps,

if so, please rate.

Option #3 worked for me.  Thank you!

Hi,

we also faced  similar issue on 7961 IP phone where Services was displaying again and again even though it was able to make /recieve calls.

we tried  upgarding the phone firmware to SCCP41.9-3-1SR4-1S did not resolve the issue.

finally,  problem was resolved by using 3rd option.

[+5]

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: