cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7906G SIP no busy tone

igor.good
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! How to make 7906G with SIP11.9-0-3S.loads registered on CUCM Express 7.1 provide a busy tone when the other phone drops the call? All I get is silence and I need it to provide a busy tone.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do not use SIP with CME. Upgrade the phone to SCCP and everything will work fine.

Well, I need SIP to get the conformance certificate for 7906G as a SIP-phone.. So there's no way to sort the issue out, is there?

"conformance certificate" ???

Perhaps you want things working good and solid first.

Only SCCP works well with CME.

brendand05
Level 1
Level 1

SIP works fine on CME.

I use it in large CME production environments without issue.

To assist with your issue please capture the output of a failed call using 'debug ccsip messages' and attach it to your post.

Thanks

SIP works fine on CME.

False, the relevant number of bugs and lack of features is evident and documented. I have a long list personally.

One for all, lack of languale localization.

I use it in large CME production environments without issue.

That simply means your user are not very demanding, and tolerant to bugs.

Do yourself a favor, try SCCP and then let us know.

To the person that low rated a post of mine above:

Sorry but the information I have provided is 100% true and correct, even if you don't like it.

If you can disprove it, I will be happy to correct myself. Thanks, Paolo.

The debug info attached. I can hear a busy tone from the phone when destination is unavailable. And I'm interested in forcing the phone to play a busy tone when the other party hangs up so that the user knows, that the call was dropped. Maybe it could be somehow done with *.xml config files, but I don't know..

Let us know if you ever get to solve this problem, posting debugs or by any other manner.

In the meanwhile, my advice above stands.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: