cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7911, 7914 expansion module, 7937 conference phones - will they work with 12.5?

lisacoody
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a few 7911s, 7914 expansion modules connected to 7962s, and a couple of 7937 conference phones. My cluster is currently running on version CUCM 11.5.1 and I'm exploring an upgrade to 12.5x. Cisco can't give me a definite answer on these phones - they say they might work, but there's no guarantee. I totally understand that.

My question is this... Is anyone out there on version 12.5 using any of these model phones? 

Thanks in advance!

Lisa

5 Replies 5

All models which you mentioned are supports in versions 12.5.I have a client who use 7937. there is no issues reported till this date.

But better to replace if you can as these devices are end of sale and u cannot expect support if u have any issues. 

Response Signature

mmoulson1
Level 4
Level 4

All the models you listed are mentioned in the compatibility matrix for 12.5. Can’t see anything for the 7914 module. The 7915 is mentioned.

Maybe build a quick vanilla 12.5 server to confirm all your phones work as expected before started an upgrade?

I like the idea of building a 12.5 server to test my older phones, but am not completely sure of how to do this. Should I shut down my current 11.5.1 cluster and build the new test server on 12.5.1 (using the same hostname and IP address) and have all of my phones register to it or can I do stand up a new server with a different hostname and IP address and test a couple of phones individually? 

If you build a new cluster, whether it uses the same hostname and IP (which would need and isolated network) or use a different hostname or IP makes no difference, the one things you need to look out for is that you will have new ITL/SBD on that new cluster.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: