cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7911 Applications button

caflippo76_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7911 Lobby phone.  How can I disable the "applications" button?

CUCM 6.1

5 Replies 5

Jyothi V
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can unsubscribe to all services for this phone as below:

- go to the phone configurtion page of this 7911

- from the drop-down of related links (towards the upper-right corner of the page), choose subscribe/unsubscribe services and click go

- now unsubscribe from all services by choosing each of them in the next window

Hope this helps. Please rate useful posts!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Jyothi

phooghen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot disable to Application Button.

To add to Jyothi comment, you can also disable the "settings access" by configuring from CUCM Admin the 7911 device.

Indicates whether the Settings button on the phone is functional.  When Settings Access is enabled, you can change the phone network  configuration, ring type, and volume on the phone. When Settings Access  is disabled, the Settings button is completely disabled; no options  appear when you press the button. Also, you cannot adjust the ringer  volume or save any volume settings. By default, Settings Access is  enabled.
This is a required field.

Thanks for replies.  I have the settings access disabled, and device does not have any services listed.

Still trying to find a way to not have "Directories" option.

You would have to turn off Enterprise Subscription of the directory services and then subscribe phones that should have directories to the services individually. It almost always isn't worth it.

j.schulenberg wrote:

You would have to turn off Enterprise Subscription of the directory services and then subscribe phones that should have directories to the services individually. It almost always isn't worth it.

Agree it's a pain in the neck, but some customers think that the employee directory is exactly the kind of information they not want to be accessible from a Lobby phone.

Another great accomplishment by Cisco in terms of ease of use