Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7911G ip phone problem

I met with a problem with Cisco 7911G ip phone.

the symptom is listed as follows,
1) when new call comes, there's no response both pick up or hang up the phone receiver.
2) when new call comes, there's no response when dial the soft key to answer.
3) when dial out numbers, there's no response both dial the soft key, or just pick up the telephone receiver.
4) other funcitons about the phone is ok.
5) we have about 2000 pieces of 7911G phones in using, about up to 30 phones have such kind of problem, and they went wrong one by one in every serveral weekes' duration.

I tried to download software the phone by pressing #, plugging the cable, pressing 12345678980#, but this method doesn't work.

the CUCM server version is 4.3. and the status about the wrong phones is ok from the server.

I want to know what's the reason and how to deal with the problem....
Is there any one met with such kind of pecular problem?

thanks!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Your 7911 is on phoneload version 8.4.4 which is way older than the latest version which is 9.2.3. Its always best practice to first keep the phones on latest firmwares & then investigate further if the issue is not fixed. Could you download 9.2.3 & check if it helps. 9.2.3 can be downloaded from here http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=280136569&flowid=5261&softwareid=282074289&release=9.2(3)&rellifecycle=&relind=AVAILABLE&reltype=all

Download " cmterm-7911_7906-sccp.9-2-3.exe " which is compatible with CUCM 4.x.

Please beware that you might not be able to upgrade your 7911 in one step to 9.2.3 & Might have to go through an intermediate upgrade step. To know the intermediate step, please refer the release note guide for 9.2.3 listed here http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/prod_release_notes_list.html

Hope it helps ?

GP

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what is the phoneload/firmware version in 7911 ? is that SCCP or SIP ?

Also, what is the complete CUCM version as shown on CCM Admin page ? 4.3( ?? )

GP.

the calling protocol is SCCP. but where to find the phoneload/firmware version?

I can see the loaded file is "SCCP11.8-4-4S", "tnp11.3-0-1-32.bin"

the CCM server is "

Cisco Unified CallManager 4.3 Administration

"

Click on " Details " button & give me the details shown there. I'll get back to you on Firmware.

GP.

Your 7911 is on phoneload version 8.4.4 which is way older than the latest version which is 9.2.3. Its always best practice to first keep the phones on latest firmwares & then investigate further if the issue is not fixed. Could you download 9.2.3 & check if it helps. 9.2.3 can be downloaded from here http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=280136569&flowid=5261&softwareid=282074289&release=9.2(3)&rellifecycle=&relind=AVAILABLE&reltype=all

Download " cmterm-7911_7906-sccp.9-2-3.exe " which is compatible with CUCM 4.x.

Please beware that you might not be able to upgrade your 7911 in one step to 9.2.3 & Might have to go through an intermediate upgrade step. To know the intermediate step, please refer the release note guide for 9.2.3 listed here http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/prod_release_notes_list.html

Hope it helps ?

GP

Dear Gajanan, Thank you for your help.

But the problem is , 99% of 7911 phones are ok, and only a little phones are not ok. I am trying to find the problem.

Because we are using the Chinese version of firmware ( all the interfaces and menus were translated to Chinese) so it's a big problem to use the latest version if we don't have the corresponding 9.2.3 Chinese version installation package.

PS: do you have the Chinese version to download?

Thanks!

firmware remains same across the world, you need to have the Chinese locale if you want to see the phone menu & options in Chinese, which I see you already have it. You will continue to see the Chinese language option regardless of firmware versions.

As you mentioned, the phones went bad over the period of week, you might observe this issue in more phones going forward. The only common thing in those phones is firmware. Therefore I suggested for firmware upgrade.

GP.

Oh, thank you! but where to download the Chinese locale?

Presently, if you are able to see phone options in Chinese already, then you already have the Chinese locale installed on your CUCM, you dont need to install it newly.

GP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: