cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7914 Expansion Module Issue

kevinrast
Level 1
Level 1

We have several 7914 Expansion Modules registered on our network, approx 30 or so. I haven't had any trouble up until a recent site install. I cannot seem to get the units to come up, at all. I was trying to add about 10 of them, 5 of them worked and 5 did not. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to why certain ones work and others do not. I've got them working on both 7961 and 7965 models. I've got them working at different site locations. The ones that are not working, will not work anywhere. I've switched phone button templates several times, i've switched cables, i've reset phones, i have about 100 free licenses on my cucm. I've done just about everything i can think of besides a firmware upgrade which i don't think will help because we have units running the same firmware as the units that are not functioning and they are having no problems. Not sure where to go from here. We are running CUCM 6.1, firmware load is 8-3-3. Under settings>status>expansion module on the phone menu, it shows neither module configured. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

markbatts
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similiar issue with expansion modules on 6.1 .Try reseting the TFTP server.Also 8-3-3 is very buggy code , i would suggest a change to 8-4-1

mark

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

markbatts
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similiar issue with expansion modules on 6.1 .Try reseting the TFTP server.Also 8-3-3 is very buggy code , i would suggest a change to 8-4-1

mark

kevinrast
Level 1
Level 1

Resetting the TFTP services on both publisher and subscriber seemed to resolve the issue.

Thx

Rich

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: