cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7916 sidecars randomly rebooting since CUCM cluster upgrade from 10.5(1) to 10.5(2)

Jon Clark1
Level 1
Level 1

Since the CUCM cluster upgrade from 10.5(1) to 10.5(2) this past Monday night, the 7965 operator phone has been having issues with the two 7916 sidecars randomly rebooting. The latest firmware is installed on the phone and sidecars.

Our customer tried disconnecting and reconnecting the second module. This was the workaround provided for a bug whose conditions sound similar to what’s being reported here (https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCut79000).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John

9 Replies 9

Tristan Cober
Level 1
Level 1

I think this was likely because the firmware on the phone upgraded. We had this problem and I think it took up to like 9-4-2ES19 before we had stable sidecars.

Thank you Tristan for responding.

Are you saying you had to upgrade the phone to get stable sidecars?

Yes, we ran into the sidecar bug after we upgraded the phone to fix CSCun26289, and then landed on the bug you ran into. We tried several versions of firmware until we landed on that fixed version.

The phone is currently running 

SCCP45.9-4-2SR1-1S

Do you know if I can do a one time upgrade directly to 9-4-2ES19?

I just checked Cisco's website and this is the latest release for a 7965G SCCP.  

My listed release is an engineering special, so you will need to get in touch with TAC to obtain it. You can upgrade to it from that release.

Ok thank you.  I will open a tac request and see if it works. I will post the results!

Hi,

Can confirm it, 9.4.2 es19 works stable on 7962/65 phones with 7915 and 7916 expansion modules. 

Avoid earlier 9.4.2 ES builds! 

Fyi: only workaround without TAC is downgrading to last 9.3 firmware.

More and more customers run into that issue.

Christoph

This issue is due to a known defect CSCuu06452. This defect is resolved in 9-4-2-ES10 and above. You may contact TAC to obtain the latest ES 9-4-2-ES21 which should be stable and fix this issue.