cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7921/25 IP Phone Agent > Authorization Required! but works

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

I setup One Button  Login as a service (it's the IP Phone Agent service but you don't have  type in ID, Pwd, Ext)

Works fine on 7962 but using a 7925/21  SCCP 1.3.3 and (tested with 1.3.4) I get a "Authorization Required!" at  bottom of screen, then it logs in just fine. It goes away after 4  seconds and I can then use IP Phone Agent to go ready, etc.  However the  "Authorization Required!" appears to be cosmetic, but I can't find a bug id, etc. The  parameters are case sensitive and match the setup guide.

UCCX  7.0(1)SR5
CallManager 6.1.3-3000-1

Anyone else seen this?

6 Replies 6

mhansen
Level 4
Level 4

Did you ever get this solved? The other threads that i saw were all related to windows 2000 IIS permission for a folder on the callmanager that doesnt exist on a CCX server.

I am running CUCM 7.1 and CCX 7.0.

Joshua Learn
Level 4
Level 4

The resolution in my case was to associate the 7925 to the "telecaster" application user.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

modares.sahar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the same issue. Does anyone khows how it can be fixed?

Regards,

In our case it seemed to generate the error because the CCX was unsuccessfully sending the phone enterprise data. To configure the phone to receive Enterprise data the following needs to happen;

"You need to create a Cisco CallManager user with the username telecaster and password telecaster, and associate all the agent IP phones ... to the telecaster user. Refer to the Creating the “telecaster” User section of Installation Guide-Cisco Desktop Product Suite 4.5.5 (ICD) for information on how to create the telecaster user.

Note: After the telecaster user is created, the Cisco Desktop TAI Server service needs to be restarted."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps3651/products_qanda_item09186a0080988a7e.shtml

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Cisco Desktop Product Suite 4.5.5: Installation Guide

Creating the “telecaster” User

The next task to accomplish is to create the “telecaster” user.

From the Cisco CallManager Administration web-based application, follow these steps to set up the new user.

To create the “telecaster” user:

• From the User menu, choose Add a New User

The User Information window appears.

• Enter the following information.

Entries are case sensitive. Enter them exactly as shown.

First Name . . . . . . . . . . telecaster

Last Name . . . . . . . . . . telecaster

UserID . . . . . . . . . . . . . telecaster

User Password . . . . . . telecaster

PIN. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12345

Confirm PIN . . . . . . . . 12345

• Check the Enable CTI Application Use check box, and then click Insert.

• Click Device Association in the shaded box at the left.

The Find and List Phones window appears.

• User the search function to locate all phones that are to be associated with the telecaster user. This should be every IP phone that will be used by an IP phone agent.

• Select the phone(s) from the search results to associate them with the telecaster user, check the No Primary Extension check box, and then click Update to complete the association.

On the User Information page, the phones you selected are listed by their MAC addresses under Controlled Devices.

• Continue until all appropriate IP phones are associated.

Joshua Learn
Level 4
Level 4

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: