cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7921G phone deleted from CM, but still functions with Deleted Configuration

Ryan Coverdale
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7921G phone which has been deleted from CM (v.7.1.3), but it still is able to place and receive calls. I had deleted and re-added the phone twice already. I've upgraded the firmware. I have even checked the license utilization in CM. When the phone is deleted, there are no licenses being utilized. But meanwhile the phone still works with the pre-existing line and device configuration. I am at a loss, I can't figure out why the phone is unmanageable and why the phone still is able to 'register' (make and receive calls) while it is not configured in call manager.

Any insight to this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ryan

3 Replies 3

abukuru95
Level 3
Level 3

is auto-registration enabled on your CUCM? try restoring phone to factory defaults.

rate if this helps

Auto register is on.

I've already tried factory reset. It only wipes the network config. Then of pulls tftp then sccp config which has been deleted from cm.

Any other ideas?

Ryan

disable auto-registration from system->CM group then try a factory reset and see if it registers again.this should work.the phone is definately auto registering.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: