cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7925G - Can it respond to SIP Invite values?

Mark VandeVere
Level 1
Level 1

We are working on an integration with a third party vendor for a nurse call system. We have 600 or so 7925G phones, obviously running SCCP.

I know the phones can respond to ring tone selection via XML controls being sent directly to the phone.

The vendor's system is connected via a SIP trunk, and two-way audio works as it needs to.

Question is - the vendor can specify a ringtone file in their SIP Invite. Does SCCP even have an awareness of that information coming through, and if so, does it have an ability to act on it? I suspect know, but this is so arcane I'm not searching right to find out for sure thus far.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The 7921 and 7925 are SCCP only.  No SIP support on them.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/ps9900/data_sheet_c78-504890.html

The phone will be able to comunicated with a SIP leg as long as MTP its between.

Now regarding the "ring tone", I am guessing your 3 party set it in a SDP field, (in order to point out an specific ring tone).

I am afraid the Phone its unable to see this field and act (play a differnt ring tone) base on this.

Please Kudos/rate if this help!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

The 7921 and 7925 are SCCP only.  No SIP support on them.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/ps9900/data_sheet_c78-504890.html

The phone will be able to comunicated with a SIP leg as long as MTP its between.

Now regarding the "ring tone", I am guessing your 3 party set it in a SDP field, (in order to point out an specific ring tone).

I am afraid the Phone its unable to see this field and act (play a differnt ring tone) base on this.

Sounds like the XML sent to the phone is how the phone is instructed to play the appropriate tone.  Something like this is being sent to the phone.

Jose,

Thanks. That was my guess, but I couldn't find documentation to confirm.

Joseph Martini - you're almost word for word on how the guys using xml are setting the ringtone