Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

7931 second call takes over display

Hi,

We have a 7931 as an operator phone on a heterogeneous, not officially supported environment with Asterisk. It works perfectly except for one issue. When a conversation is taking place and a second call comes in, the second call "takes over" the display instead of waiting in the background. As a result, the first call cannot be transferred or parked, and for the second incoming call the only options are answer or dnd, i.e., it can't even be put on hold and resume the first.

I have tried using just one SIP registration and also using several and distributing calls among them, with the same result. From my tests, I am convinced that this behaviour is something the phone can be configured to change.

I would appreciate if some fellows that have a working 7931 that doesn't display this behaviour could share their SEP.cnf.xml files to try and pinpoint the parameter that is causing the issue. Of course I welcome any and all input.

Thanks.

Update: Setting the callWaiting parameter to 2 seems to avoid the issue. I would still like to get feedback and sample xml configurations, though. Thanks.

Everyone's tags (1)