cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7936 conference phones locking up / freezing

rsl networks
Level 1
Level 1

This question was posted on 20th January 2016 and was not resolved so I still have the problem.

I have several Cisco 7936 IP conference phones that lock up and the only way to get them operational again is to power them off and on, however not all of the 7936 phones I have behave like this. I have also tried resetting the phones that are listed as Unregistered from within CUCM but this does not work, only removing and reapplying the power resolves the problem. 

My version of CUCM is 7.1.5.34900-7 and the firmware loaded on all of the 7936 phones is cmterm_7936.3-3-20-0.

Please, please can someone help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The cucm version and 7936 are both end of support. You best bet is to try upgrading the firmware of these 7936's to the latest one. If they used to work fine on an earlier firmware version then you can consider downgrading the firmware as well.

Manish

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The cucm version and 7936 are both end of support. You best bet is to try upgrading the firmware of these 7936's to the latest one. If they used to work fine on an earlier firmware version then you can consider downgrading the firmware as well.

Manish

Thanks for your prompt reply Manish, I will download a later version firmware and see if this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: