Views
Helpful
Replies

7936 Conference Station with CUCM 8.5

Nizar Abuseni
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dears,

One of our customer recently upgraded their CUCM from version 4 to version 8.5. And after the upgrade "Conference" button on Cisco Conference Station 7936 is not active, we have tried three more conference stations 7936 and all of them have same issue. Does Cucm 8.5 supports 7936? because I can see it as supported phone, but from firmware release note i dont see its suppoorted on CUCM 8.5. If compatibility is not an issue, what could be an issue? should we replace them (RMA)?

regards,
Nizar

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is certainly supported, did the firmware of the phone upgrade?  Perhaps it required two stage firmware upgrade and was unable to do so.  Can you make and receive phone calls from it?  Is it only when you press conference button that it does not work? Does it work on other models for the same call flow?  Did you try a conference call only between internal IP phones? Are you using MTPs on your calls? 

Chris

Hello, 

Yes I can send and receive calls, the firmare upgraded successfuly.

The issue is with conference button only, even if its internal call, other models dont have this issue. The button is just not active with 7936.

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Dear

Kindly be informed that the Cisco IP phone 7936 is supported by cisco call manager v8.5 , but you have to make sure that your firmware on your cisco ip phone is CMTERM_7936.3-3-20-0 .Kindly find the below link:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/UC8.5.1/release_notes/rnipt851.html . Please go to also CCM - device - device setting - device default (search on your ip phone and make sure that your IP phone model has the correct firmware as i mentioned above). Restart the IP phone hardware and check again. Please also restart TFTP.

Hello,

The phone Firmware is :

CMTERM_7936.3-3-20-0

I have tried with newer firmware also but no luck. Kindly find a screenshot for phone webpage that shows a firmware version.

Do you think the phone is defected?

I have tested the button itself with other features like (Ph Book) and its working, only when I am in a connected status with an active call, I cannot press Conference, just nothing happens.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: