cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7937 external mic extension cord

malcolmmarcy
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if there is any kind of longer or extension cord for the external mics on the 7937?  From what I understand the original cords are 5' long and the connections of proprietary.

I have a site where they want to run the cords under the table instead of having them strung out across.

I've seen that polycom makes a $400 lapel mic that will work, but that sounds expensive.

Has anyone dealt with this?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Malcom,

The Cisco 7937 is a re-branded Polycom Soundstation 7000. If you Google this part# you will find lots of hits for the 25 foot replacement mic kit cables (pretty cheap as well

polycom 2200-40017-003 for 25 footer

Here is a picture of the Polycom Soundstation 7000;

http://www.polycom.com/usa/en/products/voice/conferencing_solutions/conference_phones/soundstation/soundstation_ip7000.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Everything is broken" - Bob Dylan

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Malcom,

The Cisco 7937 is a re-branded Polycom Soundstation 7000. If you Google this part# you will find lots of hits for the 25 foot replacement mic kit cables (pretty cheap as well

polycom 2200-40017-003 for 25 footer

Here is a picture of the Polycom Soundstation 7000;

http://www.polycom.com/usa/en/products/voice/conferencing_solutions/conference_phones/soundstation/soundstation_ip7000.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Everything is broken" - Bob Dylan

Rob - You are hero!  Thanks so much!

Malcolm

Rob,

Do you know if that 25ft extension cable will also work with a 7936?  I believe that it is a rebranded Soundstation IP 6000, but I could not find any indication whether the 6000 and 7000 can use the same external mic cables.  Appreciate your help.

--Chris

Hey Chris,

The connectors are quite different between the 7936 and 7937 so

the part listed above won't work for your 7936's. I believe you would

need the part listed below instead ;

Polycom Microphone Cable 2200-00675-003

Cheers!

Rob

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night" - Springsteen

Thank you Rob!  Much appreciated

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: