Views
Helpful
Replies

7937 stuck at "Configuring CM List"

olighec
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I recently purchased a 7937 Conference Phone to set up in our boardroom. It came yesterday so I unboxed it and plugged it in. The phone will boot up, but has been stuck at "Configuring CM List" since I plugged it in.

I left it over night because I had other things to take care of, then came in this morning to see if anything had changed. Still stuck in the same place. If I reset the phone, it starts up, says Configuring VLAN, then right back to Configuring CM List.

The phone is defined in our Callmanager and we have enough DLUs to support it. I have also checked the network configuration on the phone and that is all just fine, but the phone will not ever finish booting.

Other phones work just fine plugged into the same switch port.

I also installed the latest firmware for the 7937 onto the CM to see if that would fix the problem. The phone downloaded and installed the firmware, but then went right back to Configuring CM List.

Any thoughts? I can go into Settings and ping the callmanager, so I know they can communicate. I am stumped. The callmanager version is 6.1(a) if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any thoughts,

Chris

25 Replies 25

Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately, my switchport config already looks like your after state but no dice on the phone.

What version of CM are you running? I am planning on upgrading to 6.2 to correct an extension mobility bug and I was hoping that upgrading would also solve this problem. I hate to stab in the dark like that, but I am running out of things to check.

I am running CCM 6.1.2

Thanks! 6.1.2 is what I meant -- not 6.2. I am running 6.1 so I will just upgrade and see what happens.

I checked one other thing: I can access the corporate directory as well if I press the directories key while the phone is "configuring CM List", but the phone will not register. I've left it for 4 days before with no change.

I am going to start monkeying with the switch configuration. Should I be using switchport voice vlan xx instead of switchport access vlan xx in the config?

I was having the same issue with a new 7937 phone we were trying to install. When I had the switchport access vlan on my data VLAN i was getting an IP address on the data VLAN and the phone would never register. I changed the switchport mode to trunk and the native vlan to my voice vlan and the phone registered. I also tried putting the switchport access in my voice vlan and that worked as well.

I am having the same issues with the 7937 and the voice and date vlans. My problem is that the phone is not always in the conference room and sometimes the need to plug a laptop in is there. If i take the data vlan off the switchport this is impossible. Has anyone found a solution?

This may sound a bit silly, but I managed to fix this issue by reboot the ccm version 4, as we did not do this after apply the new devices patch.

Also just a tip, if you sniff the phone/conference phone's packets, it will be fairly obvious which end is having the issue (assuming all the switchport settings have been setup etc).

hope this helps,

Cheers

I know this post was a while ago, but i'm having the exact same problem, cisco 7937

stuck between "Registering" and "Configuring CM List".

I have got my switchport setup as a normal switchport with the voice vlan as its access vlan as per below:

interface FastEthernet0/12
no ip address
switchport
switchport access vlan 222
switchport mode access
spanning-tree portfast

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Rob

Rob/All - Upgrade the 7937 software to whatever the lastest compatible version with CUCM/CME.  Although I don't know the bug ID It appears to be bug with 1.2(1) 7937 software.  Ran into this with one of our customers running CUCM 6.1(1) which contains stocked 1.2(1) software for 7937.  Upgraded just 7937 software to 1.4(3) and problem fixed.

HTH,

Dan

Brian Lavallee
Level 1
Level 1

Because you're not getting 'registration rejected' it looks like networking. It can't reach the CUCM.

I'd recommend setting the switch port for 'only voice' to test.

switchport access vlan V

switchport voice vlan V

Make sure the device received the CM (tftp address) in the menu or web page. Using option 66 or 150?

Force all static settings.

If you reach registration rejected...

Check the device name in the menu or web page. Should match the barcode, but check anyway.

Verify the device name in the CUCM matches. I always use a barcode reader to avoid typos. Or you can copy and paste into CUCM from the 7937 web interface.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

You must try to look the MAC address across your Switch (show cdp neighbor detail) and verify that is the same that you have configured it in the CUCM, I did that and I recognize that the mac is different that the phone screens I settings button or in the hard phone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: