cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7940/60 Depreciation Timescales

Jason Nash
Level 1
Level 1

We have a large majority of 7940/60 handsets still running CUCM 12.0. I know a range of handsets were depreciated with the release of version 12. We are trying to plan for the replacement of these handsets, does anyone have any details around depreciation for the 7940/60? Do we think they will be dropped in 13.x?

I know the 7940/60 are EOL and we have some handsets over 10 years old but we haven't replaced as they work just fine.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Even though the generation1 phones ie. 79X0 are still configurable in current versions of CUCM, they have been out of support as of version 9, so you should consider replacing them at some point. Cisco has some great promos on getting them swapped with newer phones i..e 88XXs, so I suggest discussing it with your Cisco or Cisco partner account team.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Forward-looking questions like this require a NDA. You’ll need to ask your Cisco AM/SE for details.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Even though the generation1 phones ie. 79X0 are still configurable in current versions of CUCM, they have been out of support as of version 9, so you should consider replacing them at some point. Cisco has some great promos on getting them swapped with newer phones i..e 88XXs, so I suggest discussing it with your Cisco or Cisco partner account team.