Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7940 not getting IP

Hi Guys,

I have registered 7940 CP with SCCP Protocol which is connected to Brocade Switch. But phone not getting IP. I have manually configured also,

cucm version is 10.5

switch brand : brocade poe switch

is brocade switch SCCP Protocol defaultly?

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SCCP has nothing to do with obtaining IP address. What is providing your DHCP, and is it properly configured? Is the phone showing in proper expected VLAN on the switch? What is doing your L3 routing, or is the phone in the same VLAN as the CUCM server?

yes Chris, DHCP is properly configured.phone is same vlan with CUCM.

but, new 3905 SIP phones was working with same port. phone got new IP and registered with cucm.

I manually put the IP configuration this 7940 IP phone. but no luck. after that i have pinged to manual IP from CUCM OS Admin, ping was not successful.

SIP Phone is getting IP but Sccp not getting.

Kindly suggest ..

Thakns in Advance

Nisar KP

Are the phones showing up to belong to the same VLAN on the switch?

Have you tried doing a factory reset of the phone? Is it only happening to one or multiple phones?

Hi Chris,

Every Phones are conneceted in same vlan. i have done Factory Reset and put IP manually. but no luck.

3905 SIP phones are working fine with same vlan. getting IP and Registerd with CUCM.

Thanks in Advance

Hi Chris,

Now 7940 IP Phones got registered. bcoz, CDP disabled by default. Now,the customer has enabled CDP on Brocad Switch.

Thanks and Regards,

Nisar KP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: