Views
Helpful
Replies

7941 Unable to find a user in Corp Directory

philmartin79
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a customer on CUCM v7.1.3 (out of support from Cisco). They wanted an external user to be added to their corporate directory so I manually added an End User to the system.

If I search for the user in the Corporate Directory using CIPC I can find him, however when the customer tries the same using his 7941 phone he cannot see him in the results.

Has anyone come across this before?

Many thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Are the phone and CIPC using different directory URLs? Is the URL configured properly in enterprise parameters? Do you have a different URL configured at the device level in CUCM?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Couple of things:

1. Have you tried resetting the phone?

2. Do you have more than one CUCM server? Are both the CIPC client and the 7941 registered to the same server? If not, and one works and the other does not, this could indicated a database replication problem. The following link shows steps to check and repair the replication.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/200396-Steps-to-Troubleshoot-Database-Replicati.html#anc2

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your reply. I had already tried a reset on the phone and have also restarted the TFTP services on both servers. I registered the CIPC to the same server as the phone and I still had more entries when searching for the name 'John'. I have noticed that the Directories URL on my CIPC phone is pointing to a URL that does not include the IP addresses of the CUCM servers.

Are the phone and CIPC using different directory URLs? Is the URL configured properly in enterprise parameters? Do you have a different URL configured at the device level in CUCM?

It would appear that after checking the URL for the directory they were pointing to some AD server, not the CM server for contacts. Advised them to add the entry there.

Thanks

Phil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: