Views
Helpful
Replies

7942 and CUCM user locale

bigcappa1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have a CUCM cluster in Germany running 6.1.2.1000-13, the local installed is 6.1.1.2000-1 (german)

Have set the default Enterprise parameters to German and the device pool shows German for the network locale.

I have an issue though that the user and network locale bit will on show US. Even though the 6.1.1.2000-1 is installed as default.

I suspect that the locale installer does not support the Cisco 7942 phone running SCCP42.8.3.4SR1S, but cannot find any confirmation of this.

This has been in place for about 2 years but we have only really picked up on it now so this was the installer that was installed during the initial build, but when i go to locale installer download page and select the release notes i get nothing, page not found. So looking for some form of confirmation and if so what is the minimum locale installer that will support 7942 phones

Thanks

Paul

2 Replies 2

phooghen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Paul,

I don't see the reason why it should not work.

A quick test you can do is the following.

Select on of the 7942 phone under the CUCM Admin page:

Device> Phone > 7942 ip phone.

Set the Network and User locale to English, then reset the phone

After that, select the same phone and set the language to German, then reset the phone

Check if the phone was able to pick the new Locale.

Please also make sure the German locale has been also installed on all the servers in the cluster.

Good luck.

Pierre.

Pierre,

thanks for the quick reply but sorry has made no difference. Really is weird. Open to other ideas

Thanks

Paul