cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7942 - can I setup 2 headsets?

4thought99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all ... I'm managing an IPT implementation, and we've run across an issue with our small call center.

Today, they have phones that can have two headsets connected. They use this for training and demos. It allows someone to sit at the desk of the agent and listen in without any impact to the call. The hosted call center product they use allows supervisors to monitor calls, however even if they let a user use this, they would be sitting at a different desk which defeats some of the training purpose.

So my question is does anyone know of a solution to allow two headsets be used used at the same time on the 7942? Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You have one headset socket; however I have seen people use this type of thing for training:

http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/products/office/office-headset-accessories/y-adapter-trainer

Maybe speak your headset supplied to see if they have something similar.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Peter,

Aaron is right on the money here! (+5 my friend)

We use these with many models (including the 7942) and they

work perfectly with Plantronics H-series headsets.

Cheers!

Rob

I had to setup something similiar, but I needed two handsets.  I just used an rj-11 splitter.  The port was a little wider than the handset jack, but the connection was solid.  I would assume that headsets are similar.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: