cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7942 keeps old DN after factory reset

jbach2003
Level 1
Level 1

I've run into several instances where I perform a factory reset on a 7942 phone, and when it comes back up, it has the same DN as it had prior to the reset. In CUCM, I performed a super copy from a user's phone to the phone in question's MAC address. I performed the factory reset, but when the phone comes up, it still has the old DN. In CUCM, the phone shows that it is registered with the new DN, but when I call other phones from it, caller ID shows the old number and the name of the user associated with it. What is going on?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Something weird.

Do you have multiple CUCMs? Have you verified replication with 'utils dbreplication runtimestate' when this is happening?
Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Something weird.

Do you have multiple CUCMs? Have you verified replication with 'utils dbreplication runtimestate' when this is happening?
Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

This happens when there is a mismatch is database table's. reset of dbreplication should take care of this.

-Venkatesh.

Nothing more that what they guys said :) Check DB replication.

jbach2003
Level 1
Level 1

For posterity, here are the commands that TAC had me run to fix the issue:

1. Issue the command "utils dbreplication stop" starting with the SUB's (all Subscribers) and then on the PUB. Wait for it to finish on one node before moving to the next.

2. Issue the command "utils dbreplication dropadmindb" starting with the SUB's (all Subscribers) and then on the PUB. Wait for it to finish on one node before moving to the next.

3. Issue the command "utils dbreplication reset all" on the PUB.

After the last command, you will need to wait approx 10 minutes or so for all of the Sub's to sync back up and complete replication.

Hi

Good to hear the detail of what fixed it for you. For the reference of others, this process may take from 10 minutes up to many hours depending on the size of your cluster (size of DB, and number of servers).

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: