cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7942 time problem

Hi,

I have a working 803 CUCM cluster and 9.03 phone firmware

phones in uk in a UK DTG and are correctly displaying BST time

Have created a new DTG for phones in another timezone applied to new DP etc, but these new phones (7942) only display UTC

If I modify my new DTG to change the date format or time format (12 or 24) this is accepted by phone

However no matter what Time zone i put in the DTG the phone always shows UTC.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

10 Replies 10

dijohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From the list of timezones, choose the one with the sign * at the end of  it. E.g. instead of (GMT+8 Asia/Hong_Kong), select (GMT+8  Asia/Shanghai*) instead.

Thanks for the input.

I am running firmware 9.0(3) so this bug should not apply?

I have tried time zones with the * that say compatible with legacy phone loads to no avail.

Doesn't * time zones help ?

Hi,

No nothing helps

I am beginning to think that there is a bug with the 7942 on 9.0(3) since I have the following problems

1. DTG not working as below, but it works fine on a 7962

2. Unable to change setting access, currently it is stuck in restricted and despite what I put on the phone it does not change - Have tried restart of tftp etc. Do not have this problem with a 7962

3. 7942 will not upgrade after a factory reset.

Should I invoke TAC?

Hi

Did you ever get this sorted? I'm having the same issue. Running CUCM 8.0.3 and phone load for the 42's is 9.0.3

Ryan,

Yes I did.

To update time the phone needs to download its config file.

Turns out that my phone did not have a tftp server.

Reason for this was that it was the phone was in the data vlan and not the voice vlan and hence did not get an option 15

Reason it was in wrong vlan was because CDP had been disabled and hence the phone could not negotiate properley

So I would check that you have the correct tftp server in your phone and that it is reachable.

Yeah I sorted it too. It was also TFTP releated

Thanks for the reply

srsivara
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Take a look at the following defect :

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtc52241

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCte84749

I would suggest setting a time zone marked with a ‡” character, reset the TFTP services, and reset the phones

- Sriram

Just noticed that CSCtc52241 has already been discussed. CSCte84749 is another defect associated with time and legacy loads - might be worth to watch out for this defect too.

- Sriram

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: