cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7942G Headset button stays ON after call is ended

nicagraves
Level 4
Level 4

I'm not quite sure when it happened, if it was after an upgrade or a recent reset of all phones but we've had several complaints from our end users that if they are on headset during a call and then when they end the call, the headset light doesn't go off. But the call is definitely ended. Is this by design or do we have a bug?

IP phone 7942G

CUCM version 10.5.2.14901-1

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

I wanted to add a note to the good info from my friends Manish & Mohammed (+5 each!). I think you may be running into a Bug/Enhancement related to the firmware that was implemented during the upgrade. Can you let us know if this is the firmware running on the 7942's.

• CSCuz95934 - 79XX Headset button lit Stays green even after completion of the call

Symptom: Firmware: 9-4-2SR1-1 With most of 79XX Phones we can see the headset lit stays with green even after disconnection of the call (in idle state) 

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

Hi there,

When looking at the write up for this bug it looks like any newer 10.x or 11.x  firmware should address this issue.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This appears to be working as designed

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/10_0/english/userguide/P567_BK_UB293500_00_userguide-8961-9951-9971-10_0/P567_BK_UB293500_00_userguide-8961-9951-9971-10_0_chapter_010.html#CUIP_TK_AC0F90A2_00

Answer Calls Automatically

If your phone is set up to answer calls automatically, you don't do anything when your phone rings. After one ring, you're automatically connected to the call using the speakerphone.

If you prefer to use your headset to answer the call, set up your headset first.

If you automatically answer calls on your speakerphone and you change the call to the headset, your next incoming call automatically answers on the headset. If you automatically answer calls on your headset and you change the call to the speakerphone, your next incoming call automatically rings on the speakerphone. Automatic answer ensures that the call is answered; it does not change the location you used for the previous call.

Procedure
    Step 1   Connect your headset to your phone.
    Step 2   Make sure that the Headset button lights up.
    Step 3   When your phone automatically answers the incoming call, talk to the caller using your headset.

If you don't want to use your headset anymore, press the Headset button to turn it off, and use the handset or speakerphone instead.

Hi,

Can you make sure that hookswitch option is disabled in your phone.

Rob Huffman
    Hall of Fame
    Hall of Fame

Hi there,

I wanted to add a note to the good info from my friends Manish & Mohammed (+5 each!). I think you may be running into a Bug/Enhancement related to the firmware that was implemented during the upgrade. Can you let us know if this is the firmware running on the 7942's.

• CSCuz95934 - 79XX Headset button lit Stays green even after completion of the call

Symptom: Firmware: 9-4-2SR1-1 With most of 79XX Phones we can see the headset lit stays with green even after disconnection of the call (in idle state) 

Cheers!

Rob

Ah! That's the exact firmware version I'm running! Thanks Rob! And thank you Manish and Mohammed for replying as well. To answer your question about hookswtich, that option is disabled but this is happening with wired headsets.

Getting back to the bug, are they stating that this is an enhancement so there's no "fix" for it?

Hi there,

When looking at the write up for this bug it looks like any newer 10.x or 11.x  firmware should address this issue.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks again Rob!

You are most welcome my friend!

davisjaron
    Level 1
    Level 1

I found this bug in SCCP42.9-4-2SR3-1S also, and resolved it by rolling back my 7962 phones to SCCP42.9-3-1SR4-1S.

Refer to this guide for installing a single phone firmware: https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/upgrade-downgrade-firmware-of-specific-ip-phone/ta-p/3137526/show-comments/true 

You can download the phone firmware from the cisco software center.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: