Replies

7945 black screen after 3491672850*# reset

bo liu
Level 4
Level 4

hello everyone

i have a problem

i have a 7945 i reset it use 3491672850*# to reset

now i connect it into network and config a DHCP for option 150 to the TFTP server

on the TFTP server i copy the 7945 8.5(2) firmware.and there have term45.default.loads

i power on the phone and i look up the TFTP log ,

the TFTP server send term45.default.loads to the phone ,then stop .....

and about 3 minutes send again but the phone still black screen....why....

15 Replies 15

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to send the full tftp logs here..For us to know whats going on

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

hi aokanlawon

i use TFTP32

next is log

when the phone download the file term45.default.loads then the download will stop

up...

The reason this is happening is most likely due to the fact that the term45.default.loads is the wrong one. Do you know the version of firmware on the phone before you wiped it out? I suggest you try the  firmware version 8.3 or 8.4 first. ensure you copy the term45 default load in the fimrware package to the tftp server and remove this current one

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

hi aokanlawon

the term45.default.load is download form www.cisco.com

i try the version 8-3-2,8-3-3,8-4-1sr2 and 8-5-2

the default.load is in there packet...

next is get form one of the version's zip packet add a defaultXML file

and next is the XMLDefault.cnf.xml

AUTO-REG

enabled

true

CM_BoanCM1

SCCP45.8-4-1SR2S

Bo,

I dont understand what your are trying to tell me...Can you explain a little better

sorry.....my english is very pool .....

after 3491672850*# reset the phone

the phone change black screen

so i download the 7945 firmware from www.cisco.com

like this : cmterm-7945_7965-sccp.8-3-2.zip

i connect the phone to a switch and use the switch for DHCP server (option 150 is my PC)

top : phone ---- switch (dhcp server ) -----my PC (run TFTP32)

then i decompress cmterm-7945_7965-sccp.8-3-2.zip to the TFTP server root directory

in the zip have a file is term45.default.load

but after the phone get ip address and download the term45.default.load

it isn't do anything.....

after about 3minuts the phone again download the term45.default.load

again and again.......

i forget

the XML also in the TFTP root directory......

AUTO-REG

enabled

true

CM_BoanCM1

SCCP45.8-4-1SR2S

up

Hi There

You experts may i ask you if i can couple of questions for my understading though i'm not helping to resolve this issue .

1. What is the diffrence betwwen Normal Factoy Reset and resetting using 3491672850*#  ??.

2. What is term45.default.load file does.

Thanks

Bo..

Did you ever figure this out? Same exact issue here. After factory reset/flash reformat i get the same issue.

Regardless of what sccp firmware i try all i get is the phone down loads the default loads file twice. Then sits for a while, reboots and repeats.

Same results as the tftp logs you posted.

Tried about 5 different firmware sets now with no success. Especially the oldest 8.3, 8.4, and 8.5.2

Then sits for a while, reboots and repeats.

What does the logs say?

Alright, I scoured the interwebs and found the solution. Thought I'd post it hear incase anyone has the same issue or if Bo Bo has been waiting for the answer for 3 years and has been patiently waiting for help. Most search results say use 8.5.2 as a intermediary firmware set then your all good. Not the case.

If you have a 7945 or 7965 that is hardware version 13+ you cannot use older phone firmware. Your screen will turn black on reset/flash reformat and you'll get the results bo bo posted earlier in this thread. But your phone isn't bricked.

On hardware version 13+ you must run 9.3.1SR3 or later firmware, these newer model phones cannot run the older firmware. that's what the .loads files downloads then gets rejected.

Just uploaded cmterm-7945_7965-sccp.9-4-2SR2-2.zip and phone is up and running.

Hope this helps someone, Thanks Leo for the response though.

I wish my wife had patience like Bo.

Great work Leo. Hope Bo is alive to read your find.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: