cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7945 phone lost its firmware

Joli Martinez
Level 1
Level 1

We have a remote user that was having problems with  his 7945, so he decided to factory reset it.  He wiped out the firmware.  The phone now goes on a loop trying to upgrade the firmware.  This is again a remote user with a home router (which has no DHCP options avail) and no local call manager.  What options do I have to recover his phone and have it talk to our call manager?  Is there a remote option avail to force the phone upgrade it's firmware from our Call Manager servers?

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
No, the phone will need physically brought back.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First of all factory reset does not remove any firmware, it just resets the configuration and deletes certificates.  

If there is no DHCP how did the phone get IP address previously?  If static then you can add it back onto the phone and define the TFTP server to point to your CUCM TFTP, assuming there is network connection.  

There  is  a DHCP server onsite, just a basic home router DHCP server with no option 66 to point to a CUCM server.  The user pressed the 12345678*9# and the phone is stuck on upgrading.

Then just hard code alternate TFTP address on the phone.

That is what I am trying to do, but not sure how to do this.  The phone just reboots and for a few seconds displays the upgrade screen.  As far as I can tell, I am unable to do anything.  I have tried to click on  the setting button and nothing.  What combination keys or buttons will let me get to a screen to allow me to input  a TFTP server?