cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7960 SIP speeddial linekeys losing configuration

bittrekker
Level 1
Level 1

Adding speed dial line keys in latest firmware are being lost after a power reboot. I should also note that I wasn't able to have the setting added through the cfg file, either.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can no longer add speed dials from CUCM with the SIP load so that's why the configuration file option is not working as you found.  If you add speed dials on the phone itself and then reset the phone the speed dials are lost.  Does this happen to all 7960 phones if you have more than one or just one?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can no longer add speed dials from CUCM with the SIP load so that's why the configuration file option is not working as you found.  If you add speed dials on the phone itself and then reset the phone the speed dials are lost.  Does this happen to all 7960 phones if you have more than one or just one?

Yeah the 7960 phones lose all their speed dials after they are reset. I have another one on a test server that was doing this a week ago, but isn't now. No change. Definitely at a loss.

Thanks for your help. It's very dissapointing that there is so little that is programmable. Including softkeys. The SIP firmware definitely needs to be updated, but I'm guessing it never will. I remembered that I was trying to test a way to change the softkeys through an xml. Oddly enough, this is what was causing the pn-phone-configured speed dials to dissapear.