cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7961G-GE stuck after factory reset

sfreeberg595
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7961G-GE SCCP phone that was reset to factory defaults by holding the # button down while the lights

went from headset, mute and speaker. After which 123456789*0# was pressed. The phone switched to upgrading and I can see it trying to grab term61.default.loads but it never is successful. I have have option 150 set to a valid TFTP server and I have tried CUCM and CCME with no luck. While debugging tftp events on the CCME router I see the request for the file and the proper size but it never transfers the file and continues on with the upgrade process.

This phone will continue to cycle through the reset process over and over again. I can see the phone has a valid IP Address in the voice VLAN and I can ping the IP address all during the process. The only time the device is not pingable is when it just starts the reset process. I have verified with wireshark that the phone is broadcasting for DHCP, is getting the correct tftp information and that CDP is working for this phone.

I am open to to suggestions at this point, I am wondering if this thing is now a brick?

Thanks,

Steve

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have all the firmware files on the router, and configured "tftp-server" ?

Another possibility is that thye are too recent for the phone to load them, in which case you have to replace with older ones.

There are is a myriad of posts on the subject if you search, short story, phones are never bricked by software.is