Views
Helpful
Replies

7962 - load stays unknown

jahahne
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

I currently have a problem with a phone, that runs on cucm 11.0.X, which does not show the active load in the cucm device configuration.

I found this problem, because the phone has some trouble to upgrade to a new firmware. But that is another thing, I found out that the phones firmware (8-3-2) is way to old, to perform an upgrade straight to the 9-5-X firmware.

But even so, should'nt a 7962 phone display the active phone load in the cucm? I know there are issues with, for example, 7960, which do not completly support sccp.

But I couldn't find this problem with 7962 phones. Is it, because of the old firmware? I saw that there are more phones with this problem, they all run the old firmware and are 7962 models.

My problem here is, that I can't see from remote, if the phone performs an update or not. Because the active load does not change from unknown.

Does anyone know this issue? Is there any fix?

Thank you.

Best regards

Jan

2 Replies 2

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi Jan,

From the release notes, the below applies for upgrades to 9.x version firmware on these phones.

//For all SCCP firmware upgrades from firmware release versions earlier than 8.3(3) to Version 9.3(1) or later, you must first upgrade your phone firmware to an intermediate version (8.3(3) to 8.5(2)) and then upgrade to 9.3(1).//

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7900_series/firmware/9_4_2SR2/english/releasenotes/P790_BK_C7078DFD_00_cisco-unified-ip-phone-7900.pdf

Since you mentioned that the phones are running with 8-3-2 version, you first need to upgrade to 8.5(2) and then try moving to any 9.x version. That should work.

HTH
Rajan
Pls rate all useful posts by clicking the star below

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi 

Please try upgrading a couple of phone's firmware individually. Also note that For all SIP or SCCP firmware upgrades from firmware release versions earlier than 8.3(3) to Version 9.3(1) or later, you must first upgrade your phone firmware to an intermediate version (8.3(3) to 8.5(2)) and then upgrade to 9.3(1). 

Upgrade a Phone Individually

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-ip-phone-7900-series/108090-upgrade-ip-firmware.html

Check the firmware Status Remotely

If the IP Phone is located in a remote location, telnet to the Cisco switch to which the IP Phone is connected and issue the show cdp neighbors <module/port> detail command.

rephone-03.gif

If you know the IP address of the IP Phone, you can access directly the HTTP interface of the IP Phone.

Open a web browser, and enter http://<ip phone ip address>/. Where ip phone ip address is the IP address of the IP Phone.

rephone-04.gif

HTH

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: