Views
Helpful
Replies

7965 with black screen

perseustech
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have a 7965G which I was trying to convert to SIP firmware. It went into upgrade mode, downloaded term65.default.loads then stays in a loop, where it will reboot and redownload term65.default.loads but not any other file.

The other files from the firmware package exist on the tftp server, and I am able to download those files.

After going through the forum, I have tried older and older versions of both SCCP and SIP firmware ( 8.3 on the SCCP firmware ), but nothing seems to work. 

Any suggestions? Or is the 7965 bricked ?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I doubt just because you were trying to migrate from SCCP to SIP any 7965 would be bricked, although if you tried to Reset the Firmware it can very well go brick (then you will have to raise an RMA to get it fixed.

By any chance can you install a CCM on a VM Box? If you can, that would be your most easiest and painfree way to get it back into the SCCP mode and then, upgrade the firmware.

More over, next time onwards whenever you try to upgrade a firmware, make sure the existing firmware is supported into the direct upgrade to the upgrade version you want to be, else you will require a stepped upgrade process

e.g. if you are on SCCP firmware 5.xxx and if you attempt to upgrade to 9.xxx it may not be directly upgradeable in this circumstances, you may face issues that like you are experiencing now.

To avoid that, please go through the stepped upgrade process .e.g 5.xxx to 7.xxx and then from 7.xxx to  9.xxx

HTH

Thanks for your response!

I was able to get it working again by using the 8.3 SIP firmware. Then upgrading it worked without a problem.

Great to know that, I was able to help.

Please rate all helpful posts :-)