cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7971 SIP with Broadvoice?

jaywydra
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I'm trying to connect my 7971 with a SIP image to the third party Broadvoice service. My SIP load is SIP70.8-3-3SR2S. I talked to tech support at Broadvoice and they said that the only way I can get a 7971 to work with them is if I hardcode the seetings via the phone console. That was fine. I set up a static local IP, Default Gateway, DNS, etc... BUT..... When I go to the SIP settings under "Device Configuration", I can't manually edit any setting so as to put in the proxy, registrar, etc... I don't have a CCM connected. I directly connected to an ATT 2-Wire Cable modem with my 7971. Anyone had any experience with this? I would appreciate some advice. Looks like all I am missing is the SIP config on the phone but the phone won't let me change or edit it.

Thanks,

Jason

1 Reply 1

Steffen.Baier
Level 1
Level 1

As usual with Cisco there is not an awfull lot you can do on the Phone itself.

Are you sure the Configuration is Unlocked? There should be an open Lock Icon somewhere in the Menu.

**# in the Settings usually does the trick.

For most of the things like NTP etc. you will need a TFTP Server and the Phone needs to load the configuration from there.

Many examples are out on the Web (google) how to setup it's little Brother 7970

Steff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: