Views
Helpful
Replies

7975 Cisco phone Issue

Camélia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community;

I have an issue with one 7975 cisco ip phone, it does work normaly but sometimes it is like bloqued with no tone and a black sreen, i've tried to change the switch port and reset the phone but still the same issue.

Any one have an idea about what it could be, i can post the debug if someone can help me to read it.

Regards.

Camélia

6 Replies 6

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Camelia,

Please check if the firmware / device pool / switchport configuration of this phone matches that of another 7975 which is working normally. If all these settings match then to begin with you can gather the phone console logs by accessing the web page of the IP phone. A packet capture leading upto the point when the issue is reported may be ideal though.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish;

Thanks for the reply.

I Already checked all the phone configuration and it's identical to other working normally phones.

For the logs, i am doing it now but i don't really understand what every line means.

I want to know if these logs are generated automaticlly, or when there is a problem on the phone, and should i  compare them with each other or with those of another phone.

Regards.

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

In addition to what Manish said, the screen will go black if it is set to idle out after a certain time.  The far right button below the line buttons will turn the screen back on.

hello Brandon;

Thanks for the reply, and Yes i know about the Idle mode, but its's not this, because even when i press the button the to turn bach the sreen on , it doesn't work it is bloqued.

Regards.

Hmm.....so the phone itself is non-responsive?  Sounds like a factory reset might be in order and if that doesn't fix it then blow out everything but the CNU.  If that fails, then it's RMA time for a replacement.

Factory Reset:

1. While the phone is powering up, and before the Speaker button flashes on and off, press and hold the hash # key.
  2. Continue to hold # until each line button flashes on and off in sequence in orange color.
  3. Now release the hash # key and type the following sequence 123456789*0#

Total Restore:

1. Power off the phone.
  2. Hold down the # key.
  3. While holding #, power up the phone.
  4. Continue to hold # until the line buttons blink amber.
  5. Release the # key.
  6. Enter 3491672850*#

Make sure you don't perform the total restore unless you are on the local LAN or have a high speed WAN link.  Some satellite connections or slower connections can end up taking forever.  Also, make sure someone is available to reprogram the IP settings if you are using static configurations.

Thanks Brandon ;

I'll perform a factory reset now and see, but can you tell me the difference between factory and TOTAL reset, i didn't know about this one.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: