Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7975 dial random numbers when off hook

hi,

i have an issue with cisco ip phone 7975.

the customer is a bank with 5 thousends people that uses cisco ip phones.

The "top users" have cisco 7975 that have this problem:

sometime (1 time in a month) when they pick up the phone (off hook) the phone dial automatically a random number, sometime the last number dialed, sometime a number that the user has never dialed.

Does anyone have this problem?

The firmware on the phones is: SCCP75.9-0-3S

please help

23 Replies 23

njachiet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Giovanni,

I'm not aware of any such issue on CUCM. It's not firmware related, since this is a SCCP phone. The call control will be done by CUCM.

The two possibilities I could thing of are:

- Translation pattern (plar) has been configured, to force that phone to dial this number

- The phone rings when somebody pick up the phone

Regards,

Nick

We are haivng the same problem - was this resolved??

Thanks

Steve

Direct Light on hook switch can cause phone to toggle on/off hook
Symptom:

Direct Light (sunlight or other form of light) can penetrate the gaps around the hook switch, causing the phone to toggle on/off hook.

This behavior has been reproduced on 7975, 7942/62 and 7945/65 phones.

Conditions:

Workaround:

none

Put your phones in the shade

Regards

Alex

Please rate useful posts

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

HAHAHAHAH is this for real, seeming its raining here today and has been for months im not sure if i can use tell the users this...

Thanks for the info though.

Steve

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Folks,

We opened a TAC for this, and Cisco got a  fix for new defect CSCtz29414 will be made available in the 9.3.1 firmware release, scheduled for June.

Affected Phones for us

Regards

Ratheesh Kumar

We are currently having this same exact problem (bug CSCtz29414) on our CUCM 8.6 deployment, however we are on firmware 9.3.1 for al our 79XX phones, has anyone seen this before?

Ian, have you found a solution to your problem in the meantime? I'm also running 9.3.1 on 7942/7962 (the fixed-in version as stated in the Release Notes) but still seeing the issue documented in CSCtz29414.

Any help is greatly appreciated

/David

Thank you for taking the time Chris,

Too bad the bug has been terminated, but this is clearly a step in the right direction..

IIRC the "bug" was initially listed as fixed but then appeared again? I'm not certain. We're currently hit with this, and their comments about the services provisioning may make a difference, however, given the way we have things set up in this environment, we cannot set it to anything other than "both" at the moment. If this becomes enough of a pain then perhaps we'll look into that.

We were pushed into 9.3.1 for security. There was also a bug listed for 9.3.2 (??) at one point about phone calls that don't hang up until you press the end call soft key. I'm not sure which is worse. Resetting the phone makes the problem go away, but, we're not sure of the conditions that cause it to pop up in the first place. Some users have seen it happen more than once.

Oh well.

Check out bug CSCuc33008, seems to be the same thing. I had this issue and setting "services provisioning" to "internal" seems to have fixed it for me, or my users have not been complaining about it for the past 3 weeks.

WoW, this the dumbest bug I ever heard

Please rate all useful posts 

Thanks Ian, much appreciated!

Rgonnella
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing this same issue. I have a TAC case open currently. We first experienced the issue when upgrading firmware on 7941/45/61/65 phones prior to a CUCM upgrade from 6.1 to 8.6. Since then I've been through 3 firmware releases and I am still having this issue. I've got somewhere between 40-50 users having this problem out of about 800 phones in my environment. I am currently on an ES of 9-3-1(9-3-1ES7S). This issue is also occuring on my phone so I know how annoying it truly is. Cisco TAC is consulting with their experts to determine the cause and an action plan for a fix to this issue. Hopefully they come up with something soon. I will keep everyone posted as to any updates.

Rich

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: